Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Debug - Breakpoint ceased to work 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjohn9k

Programmer
Dec 17, 2003
US
My debug breakpoint somehow ceased to work all of a sudden. I tried to reinstall MS Access with no avail. Any help is appreciated.

Do you get any error message? Stopped working in the meun, toolbar? Can you give us some addtional info? That's pretty sketchy to form an opinion from.

Paul

bigjohn9k,
Happened to me once (I think it was an Access 2K database). Same symptoms. Reinstalled Access. Created a new module. Breakpoints still did not work. Compiled. Repaired. Renamed; etc.

Finally created a new empty database and imported all of the objects from the old one. Problem solved. Everything worked fine. It's still working fine maybe 3.5 years later.

Tranman

Tranman,

Thanks for the suggestion! What would be the best way to import all my objects? Is it by Copy and Paste?

I forgot to mention that the problem affects all databases with no error message. Code just execute as no breakpoints being set.

What would be the best way to import all my objects
In the brand new db:
menu Files -> External data -> Import ...

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

You haven't set/altered some of the db properties, have you? See thread181-881429.

Roy-Vidar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back