Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Debian Linux LDAP for Avaya IPO 500 Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

madods

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2020
AU
We have a database with approx 6000 phone numbers that we want to match against incoming CLI. This obviously exceeds the static directory limit of 2500 entries, so I'm wanting to set up an LDAP server on an existing Debian Linux server instead.

Can anyone point me to a how-to or a similar example of this?

I have OpenLDAP running, and can query it successfully from the ldapsearch command line tool and Windows "LDAP Admin" tool with anonymous access, but I can't seem to get the Avaya system to access it.

Does simply leaving the Username, Password, and Confirm Password fields blank in IP Office Manager configure anonymous access?

If not, the maximum length of the Username field is fairly short for the full cn=user,dc=host,dc=domain,dc=tld notation. Is there another notation for the Username?

I read in the IP Office Manager help:

"The system uses LDAP Version 2. If the server being queried is an LDAP Version 3 server, support for LDAP Version 2 requests may need to be enabled on that server (all LDAP Version 3 servers support LDAP Version 2 but do not necessarily have it enabled by default)."

so I have enabled Version 2 in openLDAP with the "allow bind_v2" directive.

However, I also found:

"OpenLDAP Software does not support LDAPv2 (now historic). OpenLDAP 2.x's slapd(8) can be configured to accept a version 2 LDAP Bind request, but expects requesting version 2 to speak a restricted, non-standard variant for LDAPv3 (basically LDAPv3 syntaxes and semantics in LDAPv2 PDUs). To enable this, place the following in your slapd.conf(5) file.

allow bind_v2

This feature is only provided in order to support broken applications which request version 2 and then use LDAPv3 syntax and semantics in LDAPv2 PDUs.

This feature may be used to provided limited support for legacy clients using the U-Mich LDAP variant of LDAPv2, sometimes referred to LDAPv2+, and possibly other variants of LDAPv2. "

Can anyone confirm that the Avaya IP Office 500 and OpenLDAP will interoperate?

Regards,

M.

I really struggled to get Openldap to work, use a windows server and create a Contacts leaf in AD, if that isn't workable I have a script that emulates an IP office for http directory PM me and I can email it you.

Rob

Sorry Rob, I'm new to tech tips and can't see how to contact you privately. I'd like to look at your http emulation script. I attempted that too, without success.

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back