Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dear Mysql users, At my work it

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonvaneck

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2004
NL
Dear Mysql users,

At my work it not possible to get a connection with my apachy and mysql. If we try the next error occured:

Error 1045 (access denied for user: ‘admin@localhost’ (using pasword: YES))
The internet is working with a LAN

If I connect apachy / mysql on a local machine there is no problem.

Can someone tell us what goes wrong and maybe please give a solution?

Nice regards,

Ton.

perhaps you must refer to the servername on a client instead of localhost

connect using sysntax
mysql -u admin -h <mysqlservername> -p
When u press enter then u will be propted for password

after u get MySql prompt, proceed with use <yr database>

Alternatively use any front end like
1. MySql Front at 2. isql at 3. MysqlCC at or any other u can think of

[ponder]
----------------
ur feedback is a very welcome desire

Ton,

With my limited use of mySQL... that error message you have leads me to think it may be because you are using the wrong database (check the name in your ODBC connect string in server-side code). If you have the correct database, it may be that the user/pass is incorrect.

Remember you have to set the user/password for each database in mySQL. I connect (from the machine that is actually going to host the database) and update the privileges for localhost using the mySQL monitor:

Code:
> use mysql;
> GRANT ALL ON mydatabasename.* TO 'webuser'@'localhost';
> UPDATE user SET Password = PASSWORD('mypassword12') WHERE Host = 'localhost' AND User = 'webuser';
> FLUSH privileges;
> quit;

Hope this gets you going again!

Jeff

Hi BabyJeffy

With some of the fron ends listed u do not require any ODBC

[ponder]
----------------

tshot,

I know there are lots of front ends out there. I specifically chose not to use them as I was learning mySQL from first principles (and wanted to get familiar with the syntax).

I'm from the &quot;old school&quot; -- learn how to do it and *then* find an easier solution. That way I feel I have a better understanding of how it all works.

Having said all that... I still stand by the code I posted as being a possible solution to the problem.

Any further feedback on whether you managed to solve your problem, tovaneck?

It is a good way of learning and i admire it.

U can still do all that with code in these front ends e.g. MySqlFront. It allows you to write all the SQL's.

What i am saying is that ODBC is not vital.

Also you can downlod client part (mysql). and connect direclty using mysql -h... command.

The widondows download contains binaries for the client also. You can try it at It has ecellent suite for learning Aapache/PHP/MySql

[ponder]
----------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back