Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dealing with my ADDICTION to Tek-Tips...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaMufasa

Technical User
Jul 17, 2003
US
Hi, My Name is SantaMufasa (Hi, Mufasa)...and I'm a Tek-Tips Addict. (But you all knew that already, didn't you?)

We'll be finding out (starting today) if I can survive going for 5 days without any Tek-Tips. (I've never gone 5 consecutive days without Tek-Tips since I joined this site three years ago this coming Monday.)

If my wife can get her suitcase packed, we hope to be outta here by noon today for Wedding #4 of our 6 children...The ceremony will be somewhere in the wilds of the Colorado Rockies, and I don't know if there will be any access to the Internet (although I will be taking my computer with me since I can at least plug into the car lighter for juice.)

So, wish me luck...If my IP address when I return originates from Utah State Mental Hospital in Provo, you'll know I didn't mentally/emotionally survive the withdrawal.

Have a fun week,

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I can provide you with low-cost, remote Database Administration services: see our website and contact me via www.dasages.com]

Hope all goes well for the wedding and best wishes to the happy couple, Dave. I'm sure there will be people champing at the bit awaiting your return!!

As it happens I'm just back from two weeks holiday in Menorca, and managed to come through unscathed without my Tek-Tips fix, though there were times it was touch and go.

What will the Oracle (Tek-Tips) user community do without access to the Santa guru?

-------------------------
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was - Steven Wright

If your cell has internet access..........

Have fun and make sure the knot is tied tight.

Good luck and congratulations to #4 wedding Groom (Bride?) -- may they be blessed with Love, Prosperity and Happyness. [sunshine]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

Great....now I am going to have to pretend I know what I am doing at work.

You are very selfish Dave.

Congrats on the wedding. It is a wonderful occasion to celebrate.

~Cheers

dj

Hi,
If having to deal with 6 weddings ( assuming the other 2 will want to get married as well) hasn't sent you over the edge, a few days away from us certainly won't..However, we may have to deal with your absence for longer than we like..[hairpull]

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

You are all very thoughful in your wishes (including djbjr, whom I promise I intended no extra work for any of you when we planned (my son's) wedding a few months back).

I can't believe we're actually ready to go out the door (only 19 minutes behind schedule)...this is the earliest that we've ever been late.

I'll check back in with you all upon our return for my TT fix.

Cheers and best regards.

[santa]Mufasa
[I can provide you with low-cost, remote Database Administration services: see our website and contact me via www.dasages.com]

So, Dave, I see from other threads that you're back. Hope everything went swimmingly and that the happy couple are exactly that for a very long time to come.

Thanks for the kind wishes, Ken. Yes, the happy couple is definitely happy for a long time to come.

The only downside to the wedding weekend was my wife's choice to not use the concrete pathyway down a slight hill. In doing so, she slipped on the dirt, causing an anterior break to her right fibula at the joint with her ankle. Although she'll be recouperating for 5-6 weeks, it won't appear too different from normal since she is generally horizonal from status migraines.

But you didn't ask for a "downer" report, did you? I'm perfectly fine and enjoying my being back on-line with my Tek-Tips friends.

Kind regards to all,

[santa]Mufasa

Haven't you just broken your own rule there ?

thread1256-1182167

Right On, Dagon !!! You caught me. But note that I am "perfectly fine"...not simply "fine". I, in very fact, sense all 29 of the adjectives appearing in thread1256-1182167, so thanks for reminding me of how much more I feel than simply "perfectly fine", especially under the current circumstances.[2thumbsup]

[santa]Mufasa

Sorry to hear about your wife, Dave, hope she recovers soon. Strange (or maybe not) how weddings seem to encourage such disasters - my sister broke her toe at her own wedding, probably due to her not being used to wearing the required 'strappy sandals'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back