Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dead Exchange. Help on recovery needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

strangetimes

Technical User
Apr 13, 2002
GB
My Exchange server blue screened and failed to reboot this afternoon. The hard drive is failing. I have succesfully put it as slave in my workstation and NTbackup the system partition with all the containers and the folder with priv1.edb in. I also take regular Arcserve backups of the whole server but not with Exchange agent installed.

Do I replace the hard drive and build the server from new with the same name exactly the same and restore the database, if so what files do I need to copy? Or is restoring from Arcserve the better option.

It is Exchange 2000 by the way and is a member server.

Strangetimes
CCNA MCP CCAI NET+

Or failing that can I at least build up a new exchange server and put it back on even if it means losing the databases and recreating mailboxes. (We have only been running exchange for a couple of weeks). People are screaming for email..

Strangetimes
CCNA MCP CCAI NET+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back