Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dead BS330 Basestations 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjen9999

Technical User
Sep 26, 2002
NL
For a year now we are experiencing a lot of 'dead' BS330 base stations. The power light led just turns off and never want to go on again.
Does someone have a clue of what can be the cause of this?
Are we the only one with couple of dead bs330's each year?

Kind regards,
Arjen

Broken diod in the switched power supply unit in the base - the only thing you can do is to the replace the base.

Thanks for you're reaction.
Do you have any idea which diode is broken?
Mayby we can try to replace the dioded ourselfs.

It is called "V145" and is a schottky type of diode mounted in the power section. It's quit easy to replace it but you will brake the plastic cover when you open the cover and then you have a new problem...

Hi, I´ve been bored of this problem too. Base stations simply stop working and the replacement of such device is a frequent procedure here. I don´t know the reason of broken diod. Maybe there´s an error in the project.

I tried to find the diode on the board, but still without success. Can someone please tell me were exactly this V145 diode is located? I posted an image below, mayby some can mark the location...

bdf142b373.jpg

(image posted on theimageplace.net)

The brown/grey rectangular component below the coil with the yellow and red dots is the diod.

Thanks a lot! I replaced the Schottky diode and it worked like a charm!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back