Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dead air/ Busy signals on attendant console

Status
Not open for further replies.

sglis

MIS
Nov 14, 2001
US
I have an Option 11 that receives frequent calls to the attendant that are either dead air or a busy signal when the call is answered. All calls are initiated from our COTs (all trunks in the group, not one in particular)

We have an auto attendant answering all incoming calls on these lines with the option to dial zero. I first thought the calls were just hang ups due to being transferred to the operator by accident but there are too many calls for that. I do not know whether this problem stems from the PBX making an external call or receiving an incoming call.

My vendor was little help. Any ideas would be appreciated.
thanks

you need to get a technician on site and then this would but very simple to fix..your vendor or another should have no trouble in findin the trunk in trouble or you could, tell me what the display on the consle says when this prob. occurs.

You could start from the first trunk in that route and disable them one by one while monitoring each trunk with a butt set. Make your own test calls in hit the auto attendant and then press zero to make sure you route correctly and have full duplex comms with the attendant. Also Nortel has major issues with Loop Start trunks and auto attendants that could be your issue if so your going to have to order a change order or loose the Auto Attendant .

Jaye Kilburn
T/IS Dept.
Marine Spill Response Corp.
Southern Region

I am having a similar problem here at my site. What was the resolution for this problem?

opt 11? and rls. might be a patch, since it's a recurring problem. a bad trunk (usually analog) will cause that. i would post a question about patch levels on your rls and work backwards from there

opt 11 rls 23 patches? might get a quicker response

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

This may be A CO supervision problem. On loop start trunks, the CO "opens" (disconnects juice) the line for approx .5 seconds. Some older COs won't send this signal and may require you to change to ground start. Check your signal type (SIGL) in trunk programming. If you have loop start trunks, you can test the CO by making an outgoing call with a butt set at the demarc. Have the person you call hang up while you stay on the line. You should hear a click and get returned to dial tone within about 17 seconds.

best bet is to change any loop start to ground, real hard to get loop start to work just right. also end up with glare. a term for a user dialing 9 and hitting a inbound call.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back