Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deactivate Visio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2002
GB
I have a copy of Visio 2003 on my laptop, which I will be replacing. How do I deactivate Visio so that I can put it on my new machine? Microsoft's site doesn't seem too helpful. I'm going to have a similar problem with Office. Both are full packages, but I also have some OEM software which I presume can’t be transferred. Thanks for any help.

I assume that versions of 2003 aren't the same and require you to deactivate them with Microsoft before you are able to install them on another machine. Is this not the case?

Littlefishy.

You can usually install the software a number of times before there are any problems with activation codes. You don't have to activate and deactivate but on occasiosn if you have installed software to many times you will have to acivate by telephone rather than over the net.

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by
Douglas Adams
(1952-2001)

Thank you. I assume the same applies to Office 2003? I have copies of Office boxed (which I assume I can move), but also OEM versions. The OEM versions I would like to move from one Dell to another, is this not possible?

You cannot move OEM versions. They are sold as part of a package and the license is tied to the computer. If the computer dies, the license is lost.

[pc]

Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back