Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Deacquire phone in Genesys and Symposium 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jheendi

Technical User
May 2, 2008
CA
I am having a weird situation when trying to deacquire phone from Genesys and symposium for some reason it won't deacquire.

We have an integrated call center where our phone is acquired by Genesys and symposium.

Recently I tried to deacquire the phone in Genesys and symposium and for some odd reason it still shows as acquired in Genesys.

I then dacr in LD 48 and it deacquire it fine, however after doing my change on the ACD phone it won't acquire again in Genesys however it acquire fine in Symposium.

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thank you,,

Jheendi

Why are running both?

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Genesis does not actually acquire the set, it does something else when speaking to the symposium.

Symposium says I have control of this phone and Genesis says yes you do but I will tell you how to control it.

Signature===========================================

Aastra Authorized Reseller

We just installed Genesys at our site.
Your not acquiring the phone in Symp
Genesys "registers" the phone through Symp MSLM
and controls it.

We have issues with phones being moved or deacquired to perform changes not re-registering

Genesys is verifying some of the programming now but it appears that G holds the registration and when the phone comes back up and tries to register the Genesys shows it is already registered.

Once they determine the actual programming changes required I will post the info.

most techs agree that a change on an acd set is a problem waiting to explode.. after we deaquire a set in symposium, i disable the set in the switch, remove it from symposium the out the set.. then rebuild it with the change.. that's over kill, but i have never had coruption on a set handled that way.. chances are your going to find links to the old files (prior to the change) that are never going to establish.. i would recogmend cleaning those up in pdt... then outing the set.. when you do a fresh build NEW links are written..

the reason i am so carefull with acd sets is there are so many files linked to each set that a change is asking for trouble

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Well said Johnpoole,
I tried to add new phones from Scratch and Genesys acquire them like charm. No issue with acquiring the phones when they were added fresh in Symposium.

So what you are suggesting is every time we change an ACD set, we take it completely out of Genesys ( toast phantom Dns and Position ids) and then deacquire in symposium and delete it. Out the phone and create brand new set.

How about mass changes,? I stuck with this mass change of about 94 sets for Default acd q.. there has to be a fix for this.. I recall it works like charm before, could this be OCS version 7.6. Previous version was 7.2. Any thoughts will be highly appreciated..

Thank you kindly..

what version of ccms are you using?

cc6 gives the ability to change the default q on a per agent basis. It's in the agent config screen.

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Its version 7.6 and its recently upgraded from 7.2. I worked fine before upgrade..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back