Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DDR difference between 266 and 333

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArisWebMan

Programmer
Oct 7, 2002
GR
Hello all.

I recently got an Intel motherboard (D845GBV) with a P4 2.66

The default RAM configuration is 512 MB 233, I was wondering If there would be a noticeable difference If it was DDR 333 (2700)???

TIA!

Thanks for the link.
Amazingly enough in the manual I got it says it supports DDR 2700 (should be 333 MHz)???
Either I am confused or Intel lost it somewhere there...

PC2700 is 333MHz DDR-SDRAM just like you thought. Are you sure the manual doesn't specifically state that it's NOT supported?

Their website does as of July/02:

As far as I know, only the SIS 648DX chipset currently supports Intel P4 processors with 333MHz DDR-SDRAM.
~cdogg

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
- A. Einstein

I have the exact same mobo. Unfortunatley i got PC3500 which is 433mhz DDR and it wont read anything higher then 266 Mhz. I tried setting it manually in bios and my benchmarks are still low. Intel is lame and wont let me overclock so i guess its time for a new mobo. I suggest waiting until the new 845 chipset comes out which supports the new p4 hyperthreading and 8x AGP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back