Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DDI presented over BT

Status
Not open for further replies.

igessey

Technical User
Oct 12, 2005
GB
Good morning
More of a general enquiry than vendor specific if thats ok?

We have a customer system that needs to present DDI's per call.
CLIP and COLP are both present on the ISDN30 E line.
Do we need both?
The reason i ask is that the DDI is not presenting, just the main billing number.

We have had the system checked and the programming seems fine (according to TP vendor).

Quick question then - do COLP and CLIP conflict?

Thanks

Ian

Hello Ian

No they don't conflict. If only the main billing number is being seen at the called end, then it's because the CLID table in LD 21 hasn't been set up correctly for the I421 / Euro ISDN 30e protocal link.

The programming is done in LD 15 against NET. i.e.

>LD 21
REQ: PRT
TYPE: CLID
CUST 0
SIZE 256
RNGE

INTL 44

ENTRY 0
HNTN 01283
ESA_HLCL
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN NO
HLCL
DIDN YES
HLOC
LSC
CLASS_FMT NTN

Most of your extensions should have a CLID entry of "0" after the DN as this is the default setting. However, check your CLID entry "0" first in LD 21 as you should have DIDN = YES to allow DDI calls to be sent out and you might have to add in the STD area code such as 01283. Some exchanges need to have the initial "0" removed.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Thanks for that.
It seems there is a presentation number also on the ISDN30 so that may be overiding everything!
Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back