Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DCS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneTechMan

Programmer
Jun 4, 2002
US
Afternoon all, I have a question about DCS plus. I understand that it's suppose to enable you to emulate a PRI with a regular clear channel T1. Anyone use it before, and if so how does it work? Thanks In advance.

That is correct it does allow you to use a clear channel point to point circuit as a PRI. If you have a switch running anything below v12 on the definity you need to verify that you have PRI RTU. otherwise DCS plus is great and much easier to configure than tradition DCS where you have to set-up virtual x.25 data module, and processor channels and so on for your DCS signalling. There are specific settings that you need to do on the DS1 board, trunk groups, and so forth, but it is a much cleaner set-up of DCS.

bcooper2, do you care to expand on the settings for the trunk group and the DS1 boards please? I'm preparing to try and set one up.

So you can't use it if one of the switches is below R12? The one I'm trying to connect to is R11, and it does have PRI RTU's.

I'd imagine you'd configure your Ds1 for DCS as such:

Signaling Mode: isdn-pri
COnnect: pbx
Interface:
Host side: Network
Slave side: pbx

Then you'd set up your signal group the same as you would going to out to the network initially, as a standard PRI with the d-channel assignment & such.
configure the trunk group just like a regular trunk group, except turn DCS on the 2nd page to "y" and define PBX ID: 1, 2, 3 which should correspond somewhat to your dialplan parameter local node.
Then, go back into the signal group, on the 2nd page,
administer your Service TSC index with a
local ext (this will be your destination ext field on the far-end)(must be numbers that fit into the local dialplan, non-did)
enable=y,
established=permanent
destination ext (this will be the local ext field on the far-end)(must be numbers that fit into the local dial plan, non-did)
application=dcs
machine id: (should be your pbx id)
keep everythign numerically organized as possible.

then you should see DCS come up by doing a status of the signal group.

there are other things you'll have to do with comm-pro channels and TSC w/ isdn-dcs translations for centralized voice messaging, etc.

no such thing as emulating pri. Your telco provides you with a 1.54M circuit point to point b8zs/esf circuit. YOU and your CPE provision it for data, robbed bit voice, isdn pri, etc....whatever you want. Program both pbx's as PRI for the circuit and it will be a PRI circiut. Program both for common-channel, and the circuit is common-channel. For PRI, make sure you set 1 end connect as "network" and the other as "line-side" so one pbx provides the clock and the other times off of that clock.

-CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back