Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DCS calls and Tail-End Hop-off Calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampm25

MIS
Aug 20, 2002
US
I am looking for some help. I would like to accomplish DCS and Tail-End Hop-off Calls(TEHOC)on my own to cut down long distance charges for our offices without turning to my Avaya tech.

I have two G3V9i.02 PBX's and one R009i.05 PBX. I assume that the R009i.05 is R9.5 version of Definity, but not quite sure. Our switches are networked via tie lines. I took the World Class Routing class but this was only touched on in the last hour of the class, no help. I understand the basics of ARS, AAR, and UDP but not sure how to use these features to pull off the routing of the calls.

My example:
Site 1 - NPA 262; Site 2 - NPA 608; Site 3 - NPA 920

Calls made by Site 1 to 608 or 920 area codes should go over tie lines to Site 2 and Site 3 PBX's and call placed off of those PBX'x as local calls. And vice versa for the three sites.

I hope the expertise that this forum seems to emcompass will be able to help.

Thanks in advance
AVM

Not sure if what you are trying to do is entirely legal, but it is something that I have often considered doing myself. My current switch is not DCSed, but my previous employer and a DCS network that covered the country, and this was something I wanted to do to save on toll charges also.

As i recall, you have a specific trunk group that uses AAR and UDP route calls via the DCS network. The UDP code on our system was tacked on to the 5 digit number so the ATT network knew where to route it. When it gets to the destination, the three digit routing number that was tacked onto your side was removed and the call went to the 5 digit extension.

Here is what I think you would have to do. Set up a separate route patter to strip the 1 262 off your number insert the dcs routing code (i.e. 843), this is where it gets kinda fuzzy for me, as i recall the incoming trunk group was the one that stripped X amount of digits then it routes like a regular ext. You would need to set up a trunk group that added 9 262 to the incoming digits after it striped the dcs routing code off. depending on how many area codes you have or how many actual digits were sent you might have to set up more than one incomming trunk group. (if you could ship the whole number ie 1 262 444 5567 by just adding the routing code, you would only have to set up one incomming trunk group, and have it strip 4 digits and insert a 9

another solution would be to allow TACing of the dcs trunk, then you would need to dial TAC 9 and local number. (not sure if you could set that up in a route pattern or not), but I know I could call locally doing that before.

Hope this helps atleast a little. I wish I was still on a DCS network, I would test it myself.

RTMCKEE

I'm from Holland and not quite sure what you want to achieve but if ti's what I'm thinking try this.

Try to locate where the call is routed through. So that is the ars analysis table, (perhaps before that digit coversion table) toll table and route pattern.

If I'm correct the routepattern will be connected to a PRI (or something)

Try adding a new routepattern without DCS as RTMCKEE says and instead of the PRI (or something)take the TIE trunk. Remember to insert the 9 for the outside line on the other side.

Also check if the COR of the trunks allow this.

If you do a "li trace ext xxxx" and from that extension dial the number, you can see what happens.

In Holland we use this in a multi site situation to make local calls as much as possible.

Plan your work............Work your plan

[afro]

Correction, I think that i use a more generic form of DCS, which may be termed "Least Cost Routing."

I was able to set up some new route patterns that used the tie trunk and set up the ARS Analysis table for the affected area codes to choose that route pattern.

My new question is how do I get the ANI information to be displayed as the calling number instead of the ANI assigned to the trunk. This is the same trunk being used to send out the local calls from the facility and the ANI/calling number is displayed, but the newly routed calls aren't displaying their ANI. It gives the generic number of the calling TIE Trunk.

Also on some routes I get the following error:
"denial event 1164: ISDN call reject CV/CID..."

Where can I look up the meaning of this error code?

AVM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back