Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DCount Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

burcher

Technical User
Apr 26, 2004
US
I have a table that has multiple pID (patient Numbers)in a table called [Voucher Table 6 Codes], I have another table called [Voucher Table 6 Codes UDS]. I am trying to count the number of unique pID's in the first table and update the [...UDS] table with the number of pID's in a field called [UserCount]for a certain diagnosis [t6ID] for a certain calendar year. Here's my sql, which doesn't work cause it gives me all 0's.

PARAMETERS Forms![UDS Report Form]![UDSyr] Value;
UPDATE [Voucher Table 6 Codes UDS] SET [Voucher Table 6 Codes UDS].UserCount = DCount("*","[Voucher Table 6 Codes]","t6ID=" & [t6ID] & " AND DatePart('yyyy',[Date Issued])= " & [Forms]![UDS Report Form]![UDSyr]);

Any help is appreciated, I have way to much time in trying to figure this out already. Thanks

Provided t6ID is the common column in your tables, you may try something like this :
UPDATE [Voucher Table 6 Codes UDS] SET UserCount=(SELECT Count(*) FROM [Voucher Table 6 Codes] AS t6c WHERE t6c.t6ID=[Voucher Table 6 Codes UDS].t6ID AND DatePart('yyyy',[Date Issued])=[Forms]![UDS Report Form]![UDSyr]);

Hope This Help, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

You are correct t6id is the common field in both tables. But when I used the sql it err'd saying you must use an updatable query. Is the select count the way you count unique records? the reason I ask is cause after I count the unique number of users, I then have to count all the encounter records... example, if 1 person came in 2 times, the UserCount would = 1 and EnctrCount =2.

I really appreciate your help getting me thru this. Let me know if you need any info.
-Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back