Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DCount of yes/no field in report footer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

garychamberland

Technical User
Aug 29, 2001
US
Hello,
Although I’ve found answers to similar posts, I’ve been unable to successfully apply them to my situation. I’ll try to be brief yet complete.
Our multi-faceted non-profit is providing services to area residents. Reports have been done, essay fashion, from filtered data collected. The reports I would like to create are needed for relative time frames (activity for last; month, Qtr., Year, etc…). Some of the information can best be tracked as Yes/No or checkboxes. As one client may have utilized several services within the timeframe, counts done within a report may yield incorrect results. It seemed best to do a few queries for the time frames; one more query to break out repeating data and then just do Dcounts in the report footer that tallies these fields. In attempting to troubleshoot the expression:

=DCount("[Food Stamps]","1Quarterly Contact Query", "[Food Stamps]='0'")

it seems my troubles lie in the optional criteria section, as omitting it will return a valid response, otherwise I get an error. (it is placed in an unbound text box in the report footer) I’ve replaced the ‘0’ with ‘yes’, ‘no’ & ‘-1’. I don’t understand what could be the problem with the criteria and the help files are relatively limited.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Gary Chamberland.

[Food Stamps]='0'"). I don't think you need the single quotes. Try:
[Food Stamps] = true")

Nick

Excellent!!! ( how do you insert the emoticons anyway??? ) I just tried it out. and it worked in all the cases I applied it too.

Thank you very much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back