Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dcom event id: 10016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 18, 2003
US
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{BA126AD1-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE SID (S-1-5-20). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

went to the registry editor found the clsid - item is "Network Connection Manager Class" - but that is not listed in the “DCOM Config” - any advice?

thanks

svrsupport,

One suggestion that I found on eventid.net is this:

1. Open the registry and go to “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{<CLSID in the event message>} to find out friendly name of this component. In my case, this is "Machine Debug Manager” (CLSID: 0C0A3666-30C9-11D0-8F20-00805F2CD064).
2. Go to Component Services via Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Components Services. Expand the Component Services branch then expand “Computers”, “My Computer”, and “DCOM Config”. Right-click on "Network Connection Manager Class" (or whatever your CLSID represents) and choose Properties. Click on the Security tab and under “Launch and Activation Permissions” select “Use Default”. Click OK, close the Component Services window. The error should disappear now.

There also seems to be a KB article about this for Windows XP, but I couldn't find one for 2k3.

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

the problem is the clsid is the "Network Connection Manager Class" which is associated in the registry with the clsid is NOT in the "Connection Manager Class" - ever run into that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back