Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DCOM error event id 10016

Status
Not open for further replies.

taoto

MIS
May 9, 2005
US
DELL 2560 server 2 node cluster
1gb ram, RAID 5 powervault external storage

The issue:

Updated to SP1 for 2003 and since then have been getting
DCOM error event id 10016
the CLSID {BA126AD1-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}

looking this clsid up, I found that it is the network console management component, for most probably NETMAN in the dcom list, when i search for the ACTUAL component, {BA126AD1-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E} i can not find it, it doesnt seem to exist, I haev changed the NETMAN permissions to "use default" but that has not eliminated the error message.

anyone have any idea what to do now?

I also found a possible fix in setting the remote launch access permissions on the netman component... but that has not eliminated the error message in the event log.

does NO ONE have a clue as to how to fix this?

I'm getting the same error. I cannot find the Network Connection Manager Class in the DCOM Config to set the security under the Launch and Activation Persmissions.

Doug

generally speaking its SUPPOSED to be NETMAN
but that didnt fix it.. so I feel your pain.

now someone did say that you might try to do the following

"quote"
The COM+ application had 'Enforce access checks for this application' on the Security tab checked.

So you have two options:

1/ Add a new Role and appropriate users to the COM+ application and allow them access to each component as required.
2/ Simply uncheck the 'Enforce access checks for this application'.

In the assemblyinfo.cs you can specify the assembly to default to not use access control with the following attribute:

[assembly: ApplicationAccessControl(false)]

I hope that saves somebody else a lot of time!
"end quote"-----------------------------

This may help you, it didnt do anything for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back