Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DCOM Error Event ID 10005

Status
Not open for further replies.

random621

Technical User
Jul 16, 2003
US
Sometime this weekend my W2K server (Service Pack 3) completely locked up. This server runs SQL Server 7, sp4. Seems that RPC failed. Did a hard reboot and everything seemed to come back up just fine. However after the server was up for about an hour, I got the following error message:

The system appears to be running fine, but I am wondering how to prevent the error below. I do have all the latest RPC patches applied. No signs of blaster on the server.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10005
Date: 10/13/2003
Time: 10:06:39 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: SQLServer
Description:
DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service IISADMIN with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{A9E69610-B80D-11D0-B9B9-00A0C922E750}

A9E69610-B80D-11D0-B9B9-00A0C922E750 is the GUID for the IISAdmin service. Some DCOM object is attempting to start it, and the service is disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back