Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DCNO in a IDC table

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoughendo

Technical User
Oct 5, 2006
CA
What's the purpose of having more than one DCNO in a IDC table. What are they used for.

Thank's

I have two - DCN0 and DCN1 in LD 49 and the way I use it is in normal circumstances the incoming numbers are pointed to DN's that are configured to go to auto attendants.

But, when the mail is down for example during an upgrade, I change the DCN0 to DCN1 and the incoming numbers are then pointed to live answer positions.

When the mail comes back up, I just switch it back.

I use it for my Police station and it works really really well.

Sorry i dont follow you.
Why do you change from DCNO 0 to DCNO 1. What's in DCNO 0 and in DCNO 1 for you to change from one to the other. I understand what the IDC table is used for, but why more than ond DCNO

He is using different incoming digit conversion tables. One table chages it to one number, the other table changes it to a different one. Calls terminate to a target based on what table is active.

911Guru

sorry I didn't explain it very well.

911buru explained it very well in his response. Thanks 911guru!

It also allows you to have a Day table and a Night table. When a console is in night mode it will follow the DCNO specified on the RDB as the night table allowing for automatic changes in the message given to a caller that is routed to a RAN or voicemail system from the main number.

Mato' Was'aka

DCNO 1
IDGT CDGT
3600 3666
3601 3667
3602 3669
3603 3670

DCNO 2
IDGT CDGT
2679 2009

DCNO 3
IDGT CDGT
5834 0835
6110 489668
6262 489600
6556 489668

This is an exemple of a idc table in one of the sites.
When the did XXX-2679 is daile'd it transfer's the call to the internal number 2009
When the did XXX-6556 is daile'd it transfer's the call to the internal number 489668
Why are they in different DCNO's

The DCNO is the IDC table Number and directly coresponds to the day and night tables specified in your RDB's. You can have several incoming routes (RDB's) for different DDI ranges requiring serveral IDC tables. If you pring all your RDB's in LD21 you should find the matching IDC entries for the above 3 tables.

we use one for day, another for night.. another to insert digits for network page and another to change inbound dnis to did's on some ld trunks..

i have tied two trunks back to back then used dnis to change actual dialed digits to a secondary string.. in that case we needed working did blocked from station to station.. idc as well as acd are often used for a simple work around

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thank you all for your time, now I get it. Your the best !!!!

Have a nice day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back