Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DCHI is hardware disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

telepath9465

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2005
US
I can't seem to enable the DCHI in any way, have tried every command, outting and rebuilding. Any help would be appreciated. This is an Option 11 with NTAK09 and NTAK93. Is there a command to enable the DCHI when showing DCHI is hardware disabled.

This originated as a telco issue, some of the channels on this T-1 were showing FE Mbsy while some of the others were Idle. I outted the T-1 completely and rebuilt as both ESS4 and ESS5, it had been running as ESS4 throuout the systems history. I am thinking it's an NTAK09 and/or NTAK93 failure. Replacement hardware is on its way. Any further thoughts would be appreciated.

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
DMOD
ROUT 1
DES LOCAL
TKTP DID
M911_ANI NO
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
SAT NO
RCLS EXT
DTRK YES
DGTP PRI
ISDN YES
MODE PRA
IFC ESS4
SBN NO
PNI 00000
SRVC NNSF
NCNA YES
NCRD NO
CHTY BCH
ISAR NO
BCOT 0
DSEL VCE
PTYP PRI
AUTO NO
DNIS NO
DCDR NO
ICOG IAO
RANX NO
SRCH LIN
TRMB YES
STEP
ACOD 7001
TCPP NO
PII NO
TARG 01
CLEN 1
BILN NO
OABS
INST
IDC NO
DCNO 0 *
NDNO 0
DEXT NO
ICIS YES
TIMR ICF 512
OGF 512
EOD 13952
NRD 10112
DDL 70
ODT 4096
RGV 640
FLH 510
GRD 896
SFB 3
NBS 2048
NBL 4096
TFD 0
DRNG NO
CDR NO
MUS NO
RACD NO

PAGE 002

EQAR NO
FRL 0 0
FRL 1 0
FRL 2 0
FRL 3 0
FRL 4 0
FRL 5 0
FRL 6 0
FRL 7 0
OHQ NO
OHQT 00
TTBL 0
PLEV 2
MCTS NO
ALRM NO
ART 0
SGRP 0
AACR NO

TN 003 01
TYPE DID
CDEN SD
CUST 0
NCOS 3
RTMB 1 1
B-CHANNEL SIGNALING
NITE
STRI/STRO OWK OWK
AST NO
IAPG 0
CLS UNR DTN WTA LPR APN THFD HKD
P10 VNL
TKID
DATE 2 FEB 2009

DLOP NUM DCH FRM LCMT YALM TRSH
PRI 003 24 ESF B8S FDL 00

ADAN DCH 10
CTYP DCHI
CARD 03
PORT 1
DES LOCAL
USR PRI
DCHL 3
OTBF 32
DRAT 64KC
CLOK EXT
NASA NO
IFC ESS4
SIDE USR
CNEG 1
RLS ID **
RCAP
MBGA NO
OVLR NO
OVLS NO
T23 20
T200 3
T203 10
N200 3
N201 260
K 7

You don't disable and enable a DCHI card like you do a TMDI or MSDL card. You would just use the normal ENL DCH xx or DIS DCH xx commands. What error do you get when you attempt to enable the DCH?

War Eagle!!

Yea, I agree if you have FE MBSY shoing on the channels it's the carrier side having issues. I have cleared this before by disabling the span and re-enabling or while the T1 is up enable the channels that are showing FE MSBY by entering this command. ench l ch, l being loop number and ch is the channel.

If you know what d-channel it is then diable it in load 90, then go into load 60 and disable the span and re-enable, if AUTO is set on the D-Channel then the D-Channel will attempt to establish automatically when the loop is enabled, if not run the command below.

>ld 90
.dis dch x

>ld 60
.disl x

Then try to re-enable it

.enll x

or

.ench l ch

Thanks all for the help, ultimately the VM system was down too, they both were SDI / ESDI function, ended up the SSC card. We replaced the card and reloaded the 23.18 software and back in business. As always I appreciate this forum, thank you very much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back