Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DCH1019

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajnd

Technical User
Mar 2, 2005
US
I have had two option elevens have the same problem. The problem is, the DCH goes into ENLB AEST state. And all the channels on the pri goes into a MBSY state. If I try to disable the dch, I get this DCH1019 message, telling me the card is hardware disabled. All lights are green, and I cannot disable it. I have to physically pull the card out, disable the span, put the card back in and enable it. Anybody have this problem?

Is this a TIE between the switches?
Checked the wirering? Could be as simple as a loose wire.
:)

more details please, as posted, is this both ends of a tie? sounds like bad hardware.. a loose wire can red one both ends, or maybe even yellow one of the two, but your 11's are not responding to commands? that sounds more like a patch or hardware.. stat tmdi stat serv map dch, all three ld 96 commands that may shed some light.. (walk toward the light)

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Could be some garbled programming in the TMDI.
I would disable the DCH, disable the TMDI, reseat the card and enable the TMDI with the FDL command.

81c's don't use tmdi's but on an 11 reseating cards is often the only solution.. i haven't reseated a card on my 81c, ever.. 1st post nailed it, my ld loop went to backup d and switched back in a matter of minutes.. with 40+ t1's i watch codes pretty close and hadn't ran across that one.. thanks again

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The span goes to a provider. The card is a TMDI card, in the first slot with clock controller. The trunks are set up as 2 way DID. The wiring seems solid in that I can move the wiring around and no errors. I think it happens when the provider messes with it. But my problem is that it goes into a hardware disabled state, and I cannot disable the dch. The only way is to remove the card then disable the dch and span, put the card back in and enable. It then comes up okay.

can you dis tmdi and you may need enl serv (ld 96).. are you taking hits (ld 60) lcnt

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

What is the number for the patch? I can't dis tmdi, and I have not been getting any hits. I thought enl serv was for between Northerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back