Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DCH055 every couple of days

SherWat

Technical User
Feb 12, 2016
CA
Have a CS1000 at 7.5 with a single PRI (MegaLink here in Ontario).

Every couple of days, it seems to go down for a few moments then comes back up.

% DCH055 DCH: 14 RLS RED ALRM TIME: 4:17:15 1/08/2024

% DCH054 DCH: 14 EST REMOTE TIME: 4:17:19 1/08/2024

% DTA022 21

% DTA023 21

% DCH055 DCH: 14 RLS NO RESPONSE TIME: 4:17:41 1/08/2024

% DCH054 DCH: 14 EST AUTO REC TIME: 4:17:43 1/08/2024

I have no idea why, or what I should be checking for. Can anyone offer suggestions on what might be causing this?

Thanks.

Put together a history of the drops with times and dates, then reach out to your telco.

The sequence of errors you shared looks like the circuit itself is going down for a moment and coming back up.

If you're still on a real copper T1 (or T1 over copper HDSL) and haven't been migrated to some sort of fiber T1 handoff this isn't all that surprising for 2024 with the way the copper is being left to rot under the streets and on the poles. What you're seeing could be as simple as the occasional strong breeze blowing. Either way, it's the telcos job to figure out why your circuit is dropping.

If you have a spare PRI card, then by all means swap it out to narrow down the fault. I agree with phonebits as your Telco should get involved.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

The telco is saying the path from the central office to us is testing good, no alarms.
There is a red light beside the CC indicator on the TMDI card but I don't know what that is indicating and if I should be concerned.

I don't have another card to try unfortunately.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=824e52a8-15ae-4dd2-bfda-6ebdbc96e252&file=TMDI_Card.png
CC refers to the clocking source and that depends if its the primary or secondary source from the system to the Telco.

Go into LD 60 and type SSCK 0 to see the current status.

You might need to disable and enable the clocking and perhaps set a track on the primary clock.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back