Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DCH MSGI "PROTOCOL ERR UNSPEC"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumelihavasi

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2011
TR
Hi Everybody,

I have a system that was working fine.
However provider changed the Backbone switch and we dont know what kind of carrier system they brought.

My system whoever calls from specific country incoming calls rejected and DCH gives Protocol error unspec message.

Can anyone help me what could be the problem.

Best Regards

It sounds as if the customer hasn't got any idea what they have just done. The new carrier should have provided a Protocol based on the current existing PRI settings as there are many different ones available and also some ISDN circuits need different PRI cards.

I don't think that many of us are going to be able to help you.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I will talked to the Service provider and update here if there is a change.

Thanks a lot

So does the call process or not? If it does turn off messaging and move on. If it doesn't process then there is obviously a mismatch in protocols. In the US most use NI2

Calla sometimes connects sometimes not. system in Kazakhstan. Within the Kazakhstan all incoming calls are OK without any problem. However any calls from outside of the country gets an errors. 1 of 3 calls are success.

only chance for you is to print the DCH, route,member config & also include capture the DCH messaging for working & failed calls here.

Good luck

Phones1

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back