Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DCH change of C.O. type

Status
Not open for further replies.

etexas46

Technical User
Dec 5, 2006
US
Hello,
Have not done this in awhile - I have a T-1 PRI set up as tie lines with a DCH of 18 - it is currently NI2 but needs to be changed to ESS4 - if I recall correctly all I have to do is disable the d-channel and change the IFC to ESS4 without having to out the trunks right ? Thanks in advance......

Buddy-
Had to out more than that- needed to delete all the trunks, route data block and Dchannel configuration record. Then rebuild everything from scratch. FYI- this was an Option 61. When complete with the database rebuild , before enabling the loop- had to disable the MSDL card and perform an FDL to install the new DCH information. Then everything came up fine. Note to everyone here- that MSDL FDL will disable everything attached to it - so better do this after hours !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back