Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DC wont boot into normal mode, corrupt AD database

Status
Not open for further replies.

122moz95

Technical User
Feb 14, 2006
UG
Hi techies,

i have a problem. i have a windows 2000 server that is a domain controller and it has a corrupt Active Directory database and it wont boot into normal mode, it keeps getting an error message (lssass.exe) appearing and you cant log onto the system in normal mode.
i want to remove active directory in safe mode and so that the server will just become a member server with all the installed applications intact(in otherwards i donot want to do a reinstallation of the server). please if there is any way let me know i am really stuck here with a client and i donot want to go thru a reinstallation.

regards
Picho

Can you boot into Directory Service Restore Mode?

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.
The poster formerly known as lander215

yes i can boot in Directory Services restore mode, and all my backups are corrupt so i cant repair or restore the AD database. i want to remove AD without a reinstallation.
someone told me i could do that by editing the registry.

i dont know how could anyone please help me.
regards
picho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back