Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DC question

Status
Not open for further replies.

michealallen

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2008
US
Dear friends,

I got some questions that I am not clear:

1. My company has 2 domains, domain A has 2 DCs (ADC1, ADC2, ADNS1, ADNS2)and domain B has 2 DCs (BDC1, BDC2, ADNS1, ADNS2). I did a 2 ways domain trusted. Here what I did. Created 2ways trust from ADC1 to BDC1. Question, do I have to do it on ADC2 and BDC2 too? Or they will replicate?
Because, for some reasons, when I verify the trust in BDC2, there is an error.
2. My ADNS1 forward zone does not contain the zone of domain A ADNS2 did. However, BDNS1 contains forward zone for domain B, BDNS2 does not. Question, are these possible or I have to do the forward zones on all of them?

Thank you,
MA

I always keep this link handy and follow it to the letter...

note the comment at the bottom which is what I think your asking...
For this trust to function, the domain administrator in the specified forest must follow this same procedure, using his or her administrative credentials and the exact same trust passwordthat was used during this procedure.

Working towards my MCSE/A and CompTIA. Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi Hugh and sniper,

Thank you for your help. However, I still have this question.
2. My ADNS1 forward zone does not contain the zone of domain A ADNS2 did. However, BDNS1 contains forward zone for domain B, BDNS2 does not. Question, are these possible or I have to do the forward zones on all of them?

Because, after the trust, I still cannot find some of the servers by do(\\server1\share1). I am not sure if that is the DNS servers problem or the ip configure in the servers are not the same. I did compare with the server that I can map to. They are the same configure like subnet, gateware, dns, wins...

Thanks,
MA

And how was it resolved? If you ask a question and then resolve it yourself, it's always the professional thing to do to leave the resolution for the next person stumbling by.

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

DAVE,

Problem resolved by created the trust from other DCs. Trusted from ADC1 to BDC2. Is it what you got or you have the same problem like me?

MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back