Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DBLookup - use in a column on a view

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzey

MIS
May 30, 2002
AU
Hi All,

I have a column in a view that I would like to do a DBLookup to another view in the same database, based on another field in the view

In the help files, it says :

'This function does not work in column or selection formulas, or in mail agents.'

I am a bit of a novice at development and wondered if there was a way I can use this formula and return the value to the view, or alternatively is there a different function I can use to lookup this value.

Thanks in advance

Sue

Hi sue,

try using a hidden Field (computed) in the Document that does the lookup and in the view you just show this field.

Regards

Stephan

Thanks Stephen,

Unfortunately, this database is inherited/externally owned and created and I don't really want to change the design of any of the forms/documents, as this may be affected if the external company make changes in the future.

I am therefore creating new views.

Any other suggestions.

Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back