Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DBI.pm for PERL 5.005

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiMoore

Programmer
Aug 25, 2005
IE
hi.

would you know where I can get DBI module for perl 5.005.

I did download a version but got following error during first step of build process

ie. >perl Makefile.PL

Perl 5.006 required--this is only version 5.00503, stopped at Makefile.PL line 10.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 12.

I cant seem to find correct version of DBI for 5.005 and I dont want to upgrade perl version.

thanks alot.

If I were you I'd seriously consider upgrading your perl.
Can you not us a test box to test your upgrades?
If you insist on sticking with perl 5.005 you're gonna have more problems like this one.
To resolve your issues you're gonna need to download an old version of DBI

Trojan.

hi Trojan

thanks for that - the install worked.

however now I need a compatible DBM module to connect to postgres db.

might you know where I can get this.

thank you.

I told you this was gonna be a pain!
Try this
There is a dropdown list there you can use for older versions if you need (and you surely will!!!).

I suggest you seriously consider a perl upgrade. By using older versions like this you risk getting so far out of date that you can no longer get the modules you need and you risk having uneccessary bugs that have been removed in more recent versions.

Trojan.

Trojan

thanks very much. I was able to get it going in the end. Had some trouble with some env variables and include files but its working now as I have access to db.

thank again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back