Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DBGrid Licence Issue 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mans

Programmer
Mar 18, 2000
AU
Hello,

I am getting the error message below when I attempt to display a form. I have manually tried to register dbgrid32.ocx without luck. Can someone please let me know what I need to do to overcome this issue.

Line 794: Property OleObjectBlob in DBGrid1 could not be set.
Line 794: Cannot load control DBGrid1; license not found.

Thank You

You know, under the handle you use, there has been alot of questions (94) asked, and have received alot of help, but have only taken the time to respond to less than a third of them.
Maybe you have missed something here, but after over 3 years of being in the forum, I doubt it. So I suggest you go back and respond to those posts where you have received help, as to what has actually helped, with a word of thanks, and marking the posts which have been haelpful using the "Mark this post as a helpful/expert post!" option.

This is also a share forum and it would be a good idea to start participating more.

Future participation by others to your queries may be dependent upon your future actions.

First, upgrade to VB6 SP5 if you haven't already.
There should be a tool called VBC6.exe which may help you (I am not sure if this helps with the DBGrid though). I think is may have been installed with VB under \Common\Tools\License fix\ or downloadable from or, checkout the DBGrid.Reg under \common\Tools\Controls (There are two different versions of the DBGrid on the CD, or installed to the hard drive...one from VB5 and one from VB6.

There is a file called vbctls.reg on the orig. VB6 CD, I ran this and it merged into the registry, it fixed the licencing issue in regard to dbgrid32.ocx.

Yes, that works also and does it for all the controls in the list, where the DBGrid.Reg which I mentioned, and in the same location, does it for the DBGrid only.
Same results with respect to the DBGRID.

Glad I was able to help out.

Just remember to go back and respond to those other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back