Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DBGrid binding error

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirPaladin

Programmer
Jul 9, 1999
US
I've been having a problem lately trying to bind a DBGrid to a data control as it's datasource. When I click in the DataSource property of the DBGrid, instead of displaying the data control on the form to select, it flashes like it's looking for something, and then remains blank (that is, ALL the property sheet is blank). What's going on? I used to bind to data controls like this all the time. I have VB6 with Service Pack 3. Any ideas. This one is getting frustrating. (I hope they rip Microsoft up, and open the code!)

I have found the cause of this problem. With absolutely no surprise, it is Microsoft's fault. The DAO dao350.dll file now has an update. dao360.dll is NOT compatible with some ActiveX controls, including DBGrid32.&nbsp;&nbsp;Microsoft's suggestion for fixing this? UPGRADE ALL YOUR CONTROLS!!! I hope they draw and quarter Microsoft into little, irrelevant bits! <br><br>You can find this information in their Daoread.txt file, located in a subdirectory of the Common Files folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back