Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DBFNTX/1010 Read Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmalavrazic

Programmer
Jun 23, 2000
RS
HEEEEELP!
Yesterday was all OK! But today:

After few tables with indexes has been opened, when open next table and after that its indexes (set index to indexname), program crashes with message: DBFNTX/1010 Read error.

According to NG it could be a network connection error, so I have run the application and all data on my computer localy.
And same happened.

After that I have run the application in debug mode - the error was the same, but when I did it step by step with little pause between steps the operation passed. Also, if the pauses between step were shorter the application crashed sometimes on the same point, sometimes few program lines after but in the same operation of opening indexes on other table.
NOTE: the same happened with the applications of my colleagues which operate on the same data.

Hi
If I recall correctly we have had this error when we used temporary files opened under an alias - using the same alias as we would use for the permanent table. Then, in the procedure, close the alias, use permenent table with same alias, set index back to the index made for the temporary table - BOOM!
This can be difficult to trace... - hope it helps for you?

unfortunately NO!

All the tables are different aliases.

The strangest is that if I did it in debug mode with pauses between steps (about 5 secs) the procedure passes, but if the pauses are shorter (about 1 sec) the program crashes.

OK!
HERE IS THE CODE (I did some modifications because the original is much longer, but it did the same thing and same error):
Baza:=KATALOG+'\PROIZV\NALOZI'
NalRTB:=KATALOG+'\PROIZV\NalRTB'

USE &Baza SHARED NEW
IF NETERR()
//...something
ENDIF
SET INDEX TO &NalRTB

USE AZURB SHARED NEW
IF NETERR()
//...something
ENDIF

USE Tipprod SHARED NEW
//...something
ENDIF
SET INDEX TO Tipprsif

USE TipDok SHARED NEW
IF NETERR()
//...something
ENDIF
SET INDEX TO MTsifra

USE &kupci SHARED NEW
IF NETERR()
//...something
ENDIF
SET INDEX TO &KsifraK, &KnazivK, &KmestoK,&KZiroK

USE stanje SHARED NEW
IF NETERR()
//...something
ENDIF
SET INDEX TO SsifraR,SnazivR,SkontoR,Smagsr

USE roba SHARED NEW
IF NETERR()
//...something
ENDIF
SET INDEX TO RsifraR,RkontoR,Rmagsr

USE EI SHARED NEW
IF NETERR()
//...something
ENDIF
//POINT OF CRASH
SET INDEX TO EIMTBsif,EITROSKM

USE EU SHARED NEW
IF NETERR()
//...something
ENDIF
SET INDEX TO EUMTBsif,EUsifraR,EUMtsif,EUMtkon,EUkonPK,Eubnkon,Euredos,EURTB

USE EZ SHARED NEW
IF NETERR()
//...something
ENDIF
SET INDEX TO EZMTB,EZsifraK,EZVEZA,EZRTB
set relation to SifraK into Kupci

//NOTE:
1.the indexes are not corrupted
2.in the other application which operates with same tables the crash also occured but on opening different table with its indexes

OK!
I found the error. It was in corrupted DBF. But the strangest thing was that program passed when I used step by step in debug mode.
thanks for suggestions

hi, i have a similar problem:

my client/server application show a similar error message on a .dbf file when there are two session open on a two different PC. But if there are two session of my application on the same machine this problem don't exist.
WHY ??? :-(

Please HELP ME.

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH

Regards

Check your read/write access on the LAN.

Also, check for DBF File corruption!

Ali Koumaiha
TeknoSoft Inc
Farmington Hills, Michigan

Check that you have the proper Operating systems. Windows Xp Reading from Win98 or vice versa comes to certain Read/Write Errors and corrupted Index files.

nKarakassis
Greece

Hi, gmalavrazic, we have had the same or similar problems. What we have found is that you do not have enough file handles open to accomodate all your indexes. Try setting clipper environment in a batch file, ours is something like this.....

set clipper=v014;r085;f091
// the name of the excuting program
set clipper=

hope this helps.

socalwiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back