Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dbf to MDB

Status
Not open for further replies.

zxcdf5je

Programmer
Apr 1, 2005
US
Hi all:
I am trying this some days now and dont know wht to do since i am not getting any results.
I want to convert dfb files to MDB with the FPT Memo information being transferred to at the same time.
I tried using softwares like DBF manager and DBF2MDB.
These softwares gives me the solution i want but they noly allow you to transfer 25 records since I have downloaded the trial version and dont want to buy the softwares.

I have 10,000 records which needs to be transferred and 5 such tables.I wanted to know if there is any other way i can do it without buying the softwares?
Please do let me know.

First, a .dbf file will transfer into a table within an .mdb.

Second, what is the source of the .dbf is it dBase or VFP or another xBase? A dBase file can be linked or imported. A VFP file must be linked but I am not sure with what as I have never done that.

Hi zxcdf5je,

If you have MS Access it is easy: File->Get external data-> Import. First you have to open NEW ACCESS DATABASE and save it. If you choose Link instead of import MDB database will establish a link to DBF file, while Import will create a NEW TABLE in MDB DATABASE. The table will have same name as DBASE DBF file and will have ALL data.

If the above idea doesn't pan out, you could extract the .dbf file using dBase so you could control the output to include the memo fields (if you have it dBase) to a comma delimited file and then import into Access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back