Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dbExpress : unable to load libmysql.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

slapierre

Programmer
Feb 3, 2004
CA
Greetings,

I'm using BC++B6 Professional edition and I wan't to access a database developped in MySQL that is on our corporate intranet. I tried to connect to the DB using dbExpress's MYSQL driver set. When i try to switch the
"Connected" proprety to "true" in the Object Inspector, the following message pops : "Unable to load libmysql.dll"

I installed MySQL client on my computer and copied the libmysql.dll file to the project folder, but it still didn't fint it.

Is this problem caused by the fact that I own the Professional version of BCB? If no, is there a way to fix this (the include path/library path of the "project options" don't seem to fix this problem)? If yes, is there a (native) way to connect to a remote computer using the tools available in the professional version?

Simon

Why not use ODBC?
A driver for MySQL can be downloaded from This way you can also access other DB's beside mysql. I recently wrote a simple howto here: check it out it's pretty straight forward.

The error you get by the way is probably because you haven't included the lib in your searchpath. check if you have the lib-dir where libmysql.dll is located in Project->Options->Directories/Conditionals.

Cheers.

I'ved used MySQL with the BDE successfully although I had the same problem at first. Try putting the libmysql.dll file in the windows/system32 directory and see if that works. I can't remember exactly how I got it to work but I did so don't give up!!

I think the problem is bcb can't find dbexpress driver for mysql(such mysql.dll u mentioned).
I met the same problem of mssql server.U can find mysql.dll at delphi 7 or bcb6 Enterprise installation CD.Find it and
copy it to [BCB Home]\bin or [system32].

WENG YAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back