Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dbexport/dbimport

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptnguyen69

Technical User
Dec 9, 2000
US
I am looking for a complete explaination of all the switches use in dbexport/dbimport
Ex: what is -X? or -c? in

dbimport <database> [-X] [-c] [-q] [-d <dbspace>]
[-l [{ buffered | <log-file> }] [-ansi]]
[{ -i <dir> | -t <tapedev> [ -b <blksz> -s <tapesz> ] [-f <script-file>] }]
NOTE: <log-file> must be a complete path
arguments to dbimport are order independent

Many thanks in advance for your help,
PTN

The -c parameter indicate taht the program can continue the dbimport even if errors are detected. But if a fatal error has been detected the program stop.

When I try to import data from Informix to MS Access through ODBC DSN --- I get the following Error message - 11048

---- Unable to load translation shared library.

This Informix CLI error code is the same as SQLSTATE value IM009. The following functions can return this error code: SQLBrowseConnect(), SQLConnect(), SQLDriverConnect(), and SQLSetConnectOption().

The function could not load the translation-shared library for the data source or for the connection because the library name is incorrect. Use a valid name for the driver translation-shared library.

-------11048 Unable to load translation DLL.

The driver is unable to load the translation DLL that is specified for the data source or for the connection. Check that the name and path for the DLL are correct.
-------------------------------------------------

Can any one please help ??

Thanks in adv.

Sujesh

I am looking for a complete explaination of all the switches use in dbexport/dbimport
Ex: what is -X? or -c? in

dbimport <database> [-X] [-c] [-q] [-d <dbspace>]
[-l [{ buffered | <log-file> }] [-ansi]]
[{ -i <dir> | -t <tapedev> [ -b <blksz> -s <tapesz> ] [-f <script-file>] }]
NOTE: <log-file> must be a complete path
arguments to dbimport are order independent

And I need to Know whether I can do a dbexport of part the data bases?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back