Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DBC 425 DTMF sending

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrancisPogi

Programmer
Sep 6, 2005
PH
Hi,

Is there any programming required to allow the IP phone DBC 425 to send DTMF signals to the end party? I'm into programming voice mail using Intel-HMP (boardless, IP-based) and my application was successfully registered to the Gatekeeper and was able to establish calls from endpoints but whenever I require input from the caller (thru DTMF) my application senses nothing. I dunno yet which side is faulty but any worthy answer regarding this matter will greatly help me in isolating this matter. Thanks in advance.

--Francis Pogi

It's not sent as tones. It's sent as standard H245 signaling. You can not send DTMF from one IP-phone to another. Then you need to force a GW call that you do by configuring the extensions as VM enabled.

Hi Fidde,

Thanks for your answer. At least im getting into something in here. By the way, do you in any way know how can I achieve that in DBC 425?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back