Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DBASVR.exe Dr. Watson error

Status
Not open for further replies.

APierce1

Technical User
Dec 10, 2001
US
Okay, I have yet another Exchange backup problem - in the middle of my backup last night, my mailbox backups started failing with "E8602 Failed to read from database....(69) Read/Write error in named pipes". Of course, I had to try to stop the job, which hung the job in "Stopping..." so I stopped the Tape Job service, deleted the appropriate files from the .QSD folder and restarted the Tape Job service, just to get rid of the job. Now my Backup Agent RPC service won't start and gives me a Dr. Watson access violation error, even after rebooting the server. I just paid CA $95 to fix an E8602/(68) error, but since this is an E8602/(69) error, they want another $95. Has ANYONE actually gotten ArcServe 2000 to back anything up? I'm about 2 seconds from returning the software and going to Backup Exec, if that's any better.

Best regards,
Alan Pierce
Ithaca, NY

ok, now if you backup agent RPC service isn't starting it is because you popped the job prematurely (by popped I mean you stopped it). Do what techsolid suggests and it should be resolved however what is happening is that the database agent still thinks it is preforming a backup, and as such may have been corrupted by the stop.

guru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back