Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dBase IV for Dos and Windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

harding

Technical User
Jul 23, 2002
NZ
Have copied software across from Win 95 computer - my first problem is that it will not run under full screen, only a window - any help appreciated.

have the program running then use CTRL+ENTER(return) keys to activate full screen

Thanks for that suggestion but like other thinsg I have tried I get the full screen with the cursor still blinking but cannot type anything, it is partly frozen and I have to close it through Windows.

Are you just running dBASE in a command window or are you writing code?
Try adding this old dBASEIII+ code line, it works for me both for dBASEIV and dBASEV with Windows 2000 Pro.
SET DISPLAY TO EGA25

I think Win95 had a PIF that you can set to full screen (or am I still thinking win3x?). If you still have the PIF, copy it to the new system and edit it. Make sure the path is correct also--you know...the 8.3 format.

If you don't find the PIF (or was it LNK?), did you use EXPLORER/My Computer and right clicked on DB.EXE and selected 'properties' to make the modifications?

--MiggyD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back