Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DBase III on NT WS - configuration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 21, 1999
US
I am trying to run a Dbase III app on an NT 4.0 Workstation, and get &quot;Error DBFNTX/1001 Open Error Fleetdept.DBF (Dos Error 2)&quot; when trying to start the app. If I choose ignore, I can also get &quot;Error DBCMD/2001 Workarea not in use:ORDCREATE&quot;, and then the first error on other DBF files. I'm trying a custom environment, up to FILES=225, environment size of 2048, allowing High Memory, etc. Before I did these tweaks, I got &quot;Error DBFNTX/1003 Open Error:FleetAc2.nts (Dos Error 4)&quot; on the first file.<br>Suggestions please, what can I do to eliminate the errors and get the app to run? <p>Fred Wagner<br><a href=mailto:frwagne@ci.long-beach.ca.us>frwagne@ci.long-beach.ca.us</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Hey FredWagner,

I can't understand why no one has answered you since July of 2000. Browse through this forum and you'll find that the newer the Windows, the worser dBASE works.

Regards,
David Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back