Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dBase 7.01 compatability with win XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbkeen

Programmer
Nov 3, 2003
GB
I have been running dBase 7.01 without problems until quite recently, then experienced problems with browse objects on forms, to overcome this problem I uninstalled dBase and reinstalled it, unfortunately I installed V7.0 in error and experienced even more problems so I uninstalled this version and installed V7.01 again, since doing this I am unable to print anything from within the dBase environment, including table structures and reports. The printer output is in a very large font and an error message comes up that an error has occured in the print spooler. The printer is disabled and the only remedy is to advance by form feed and reboot the computer, sometimes twice. I would be very grateful to hear from any member who has encountered this problem and knows a solution.

I am not familiar with version 7.01, but if it is Visual dBase then try posting to that forum: forum289

dbkeen posted his solution in thread289-2355
Uninstall and reinstall the printer in Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back