Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dbagent for Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

psimonov

Technical User
Mar 10, 2003
CA
After upgrade to V9 on both DC with Back-up manager and Member Server with Exchange, I can not run back-up Agent for Exchange.
All the time I try I get an error E8601 Failed to connect Agent (AGENT=dbagnet, EC=1326).
RPC server is started as ArcServer Administrator.
DBAGENT account configured as required. Sped a weeks with CA support, no result at all.

Is exchange on the local machine to arcserve or remote?

ARCServe on the DC and Exchange Server with Exchange Agent on the Member Server.

Have you tried to log onto the server as the user that is backing up exchange and tried to use exchange administrator?? If you could do this then that would at least tell you if permissions were correct for the user....So much to check, it is kinda hard to figure out where to start....

My ARCServe Admin account is Administrator and my Exchange Agent account is dbagent with delegated rights as Full Exchange administrator.
CA support did recommend me logon on both DC and Exchange server as dbagent and perform back-up. Same error all the time.

Does anybody know how to solve this issue???
i am getting this message while running ARCServe 2000 w/the ARCServe 2000 exchange backup agent on exchange 5.5. I keep getting this message "e8602 FAILED TO READ FROM DATABASE (DBNAME=Individual Mailboxes\(user mailbox)\(mailbox), EC=BACKUP AGENT ERROR --(69) "Read/Write error in named pipes."). So have you solved the issue yet, if so, what was the solution. Please help.!!

thanks

Agent Error 69 could be a different, I never got this error myself. But the problem that I posted I fixed.
I did remove completely agent and all CA application from my Mail Server, I did clean my registry. And remove my agent from AD. I started from scratch, first I created new agent with new name and installed agent application. So far it works. The guy from CA how advised it said that some of my dll could be carped and there is no way to fixed. Only pure re-installation could help. Thanks God I do have to reinstall all server, which could be pine in ass.
Good luck
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back