Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DBackup question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2004
GB
Hi there,

Is it normal that catalog backup is now taking about 35 minutes to complete, this same catalog backup use to take around 85 minutes only few days ago, nothing changed as far as netbackup configuration, etc, average size of the whole backups is about 1.5TB which makes average size of catalog backup about 3GB , is anyone out there can help.

Thanks.

Maybe you had a whole lot of images expire?
do a bprecover -l to see what is actually on the tape.

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

Stumpr,

You're probably right, the only thing i can think of is images expiring, the block size is around 32000 though!
So there is nothing else i could check to ensure DBackup is doing what it should be doing

Thanks.

run
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpsyncinfo

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

Thanks, all the directories expected are in Catalog backups, i guess the reason why the catalog backup is taking less time is as you mentined earlier is probably due to the fact old images expired.

This thread is now resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back