Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DBAccess Control 64 Field Limitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeColledge

Programmer
Apr 1, 2003
US
I'm using PowerCOBOL version 7 and have run into a problem. I'm using an MS Access database. The PowerCOBOL DBAccess control will allow me to access only 64 fields from the table. This table contains over 100 fields and I need all of them. How can I get access to all of the fields? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Hi Mike

I suggest you to use OleAutomation to manage your MsAccess database, connecteting it to the ODBC driver using the SQLODBCS.EXE utility in the Netcobol for Windows folder.

Gianni

If you have licensed datagrid control from microsoft you can use PcobADODatasource from version 7. I work with more 220 fields correctly. See samples on v7. For retrieve data from field you can use only the property "Col" and "TEXT" of datagrid
(ex: MOVE SPACE TO RIGA-COND V-CHIAVE

MOVE "Text" OF CO-SETT TO V-CH1
MOVE "Text" OF TB-COD TO V-CH2
STRING
"(CV068 = '" DELIMITED BY SIZE
V-CHIAVE DELIMITED BY SIZE
"')" DELIMITED BY SIZE
INTO RIGA-COND

MOVE 0 TO SW-EXIST
MOVE RIGA-COND TO "Filter" OF "RecordSet" OF CM-AD1
IF SW-EXIST = 1
INVOKE "REcordSet" OF CM-AD1 "AddNew"