Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

db9 to rj45 directly without 355AF? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2004
US
I have a ACS R7 Partner system. Is it correct that I can make a db9 adater with the following pin out configuration to go directly from Processor module to my PC without the 355AF? And which port exactly is the admin port on the module?

Pin 1 - Orange
Pin 2 - Green
Pin 3 - Yellow
Pin 4 - Black
Pin 5 - Red
Pin 6 - Brown
Pin 7 - White
Pin 8 - note used
Pin 9 - Blue

Needs answer quickly. Thanks in advance.

Nevermind about the admin port. Just noticed it on the module.

Can anyone confirm about the db9 to rj45 question bypassing the 355af adapter?

Look on the magix forums, there is a pinout for the 355, maybe you could do it. But what is your time worth? The adapter only cost about $50

that is the right pinout, i made one myself, it only took 10 minutes... definately worth the time because you dont have to wait 3 or 4 days for it to get there, also the money because it cost $5 instead of $50.

When you are specifying the colors for the db9-rj45 adaptor, what are you referring to?
DB9 Pin RJ45 Pin (1-8)
1.--------------------?
2.--------------------?
3.--------------------?
4.--------------------?
5.--------------------?
6.--------------------?
7.--------------------?
8.--------------------?
9.--------------------?

If you have a DB9 connector it has little numbers next to each hole. You also has 9 little wires with metalic ends on them, you place the color wire in the number of the hole it is supposes to go in.

In hole number 1 you would place the Oranges wire
In hole number 2 you would place the Green wire, etc.

I have the db9 and the rj45, with an Amp crimp tool for the rs232 connectors. I am more of a telephone person, and am used to using the w/b, wo, w/br, w/s type of wire. So I couldn't really figure out which pins the wires went to on the rj 45. I've crimped on a million (seems like) rs232 connectors of all flavors over the years. I've got it figured out now, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back