Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DB2 UDB to Teradata

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDWDBA

IS-IT--Management
Jul 24, 2005
US
Hi Guys -
We have some marketing campaining data in DB2 UDB and would like to pull into Teradata (V2R5) on a weekly basis. Can anybody worked with this scenario before? Please let me know there are any readymade tool(s) in Teradata which we can use?

Thanks
Brad

Hi Brad

I have designed and built something like this as a bespoke solution for mainframe DB2 to Teradata, but not for the UDB variant (presumably running on Unix). In this context, there are subtle but notable differences between the M/F vs. UDB DB2 variants, but the principles are broadly the same.

If you want to discuss the intricacies of a DIY solution, drop me a line at jpgrogan AT tiscaliDOT co DOTuk.

As for ready-made tools, you could consider OLELoad which is part of Teradata Tools and Utilities (I believe this can be run in batch mode though I have never investigated it) or a third-party solution such as Ab Initio.

BRgds
James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back