Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

db2 statistics 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cristi22

MIS
Aug 17, 2005
US
Hello

Please help!

How to list all tables on the tablespace?

How to count number of rows per table along with the space information?

Is there a utility where you can specify your tables to export all the data from these tables in comma delimited format?
I don't need to export all tables from the tablespace, but to be able to choose from the list.

This did not do the much…

select substr(name,1,45) table_name,card record_count from
sysibm.systables where creator = 'MASYS' and type = 'T'

Thanks!

I think you will need to have at least once drawn statistics on your individual tables to be able to get usefull info from your sysibm objects..

Ties Blom

is it possible to run statistics for all tables?

Ties Blom, thank you very much!
I have so many errors in the DIAG file & have no clue what it means. I don't have much of dba experience & was told that these messages should be disregarded and not causing any slowness, meanwhile all the processes are very slow.

Could you please help me to read the messages or point to where I can find info on it?

Really appreciate your help! [3eyes]

One source would be here:

Personally I doubt whether slowness of your system can be very much interpreted with the db2diag file.

'All the processes are very slow' is quite a broad statement. What type of system are you running on which platform? Did you already run any statistics or check whether the larger tables would need to be reorganized due to fragmentation?

In any case the order in which to investigate would be:

1. run reorgchk on the larger tables to see if any need reorganization.
2. analyze typical bad performing queries if you can detect those.
3. Make sure you get updated statistics on ALL tables involved.

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back