Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DB2/SQL Task list

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfunke

Programmer
Oct 30, 2012
DE
Hello,

is there a possibility to see all current SQL queries which are running?

I know that MySQL has a tasklist where you can easily observe the current queries including username, needed time (increasing) and status (locked, write to temp table, sorting..) In background this tasklist is the sql command "show processlist".

Does anyone one such a tool or view for DB2 or how do you observer the current SQL traffic?
We need this for finding slow or unoptimized queries and lockwaits.

Kind Regards,
Christian

Depends what platform you are on I guess. We are on a Z/Os mainframe and have available CA-Insight which does exactly what you describe - shows all current threads with CPU usuage, actual time running, the SQL being executed etc etc.

What OS are you running under?

Marc

Hello, thanks - we have OS400 Version 6.1

Unfortunately it does not run on OS400. Thanks anyway.

Does anyone have an idea for OS400/V6.1?

there are a few tools... but most likely they will depend on whether you are using DB2 UDB or just the subset that is part of the OS itself.

google for as400 db2 monitor and you will find a few hits.

and as usual the manuals do give lots of information. Remember these should always be your first place to search for information.

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Try Google and read the manual... nice tips.
Believe it or not, I did. Asking the forum means it did not help.

"Try Google and read the manual... nice tips.
Believe it or not, I did. Asking the forum means it did not help."

How utterly silly . . .

Let's recap.
You asked the question poorly and when replies are posted, you finally mention the environment you are using.
Then (quite recently) you decided to do a bit of looking on your own and found something useful. There is NO good reason you did not do this Before posting! (Oh, i guess lazy is a reason).

Why do you believe it is appropriate to expect others to do research for you? If someone here knew of what you want on the AS400, they would have replied.

To whine because no one here did the research for you, is pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back