Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DB2 restore problem without log files

Status
Not open for further replies.

drops

Programmer
May 21, 2003
DE
Hello,

how i can restore a DB2-Database (DB2 Version 7.1.0) from a online backup without archived log files. Log files are deleted.

Hello,
I'm not sure what you mean by "online copy". If it is a copy taken with shrlevel(change), it's not really a problem.

RECOVER TABLESPACE database.tablespace
TOCOPY copy-dataset-name
TOVOLUME vol-ser TOSEQNO ##

You'll probably have to take a copy of the data after the recover, but then you'll be back to when the "online copy" was taken.

If this is not the case, please explain more....

thanks and sorry,

online backup means => DB2 BACKUP DATABASE TESTDB TO [PATH]WITH 2 BUFFERS BUFFER 1024;

Env. Windows NT 4.0, DB2 7.1.0.

RECOVER is unknown.

I'm sorry too.....
I don't know anything about running DB2 on NT, I hope someone else can help you.
Helle

The backup you are running doesn't seem to be online. For online you would have the ONLINE keyword, therefore use the logs. If that's the case, you may recover with the normal restore command, and as you cannot rollforward, you will have to send the file SQLOGCTL.LFH to IBM (I had this problem before). They will reset the logs for you and then you can complete the restore. After doing this, its recommended to take a table level backup (use db2move), drop the database and recreate it. Then restore with db2move import.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back