Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.db2 file extension 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhall01

Programmer
Jul 3, 2003
US
I am trying to understand a custom App a client has that a company who went bankrupt built for them.

There is a file within the app that contains the file extension of .db2, and all I can find on it is that it might be a precompiled DB2 SQL procedure Script.

I have never used DB2 in my life and was wandering if someone could shed some light on how I can view this file, if it is even related to DB2 database, and if it truely is a precompiled script file, is there a way to decompile it?

Thanks in advance!

Jon

Jon,
How old is the application. New-ish, old, or very very old. The reason I ask is that I have a feeling that many many years ago I worked on a dBase III from Ashton Tate. I think (although I'm not sure) that the databases were stored in .db3 files. I also think that there was a prior version to dBase III, namely dBase II, whose files were .db2 files.

If you are talking about an ancient system (circa 1984?) then this could be the one.

Marc

Thanks Greg, This appears to be what the file is! Now on to learning the basics DB2 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back