Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DB2 Database Repository for TEC371 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langer

MIS
Feb 6, 2002
GB
Has anybody done a repository with DB2(version 7.1) for TEC. I always get error messages
when the script cr-tec-db.sh is running. Do i have to build a database before running
this script. Who has a detailed description to do this?

Hi.
We just installed several TEC servers using DB2 7.2.
There is a diffrent if you are using NT or Unix.
On which os did you try to install it ?

Hi again.
Well, it is recomended that you use the same User name as your instance name. It will save you problems latter...
We answered "YES" to all the add-ons DB2 offerd us, expept from "OLAP" (since you realy don't need it for TEC).
We only changed 3 things:
1) Installation directory: c:\DB2\SQLLIB (and not "Program files" - we don't like subdirs with space in the name)
2) User name : the same as the database name ("DB2" in our case)
3) user password: tectec (just so we won't have to change the rim's password)

My experience with DB2 on Windows NT/2000 is that the instance name must be DB2 and not the default user db2admin. Otherwise you cann't connect to your databases. The choice of your password is free but then, you have to change the passwords for the rim-objects (wsetrimpw tec tectec <password of DB2>)

Bruno DG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back