Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DB2 connection string

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaforce

Programmer
Jul 29, 2002
US
I'm trying to connect Impromptu to a db2 database using a native connection. I'm not sure what information is needed in the connection string or collation sequence. What is the format? Anybody have any examples. I've tried different things and nothing is working.

Thanks for the help.

I would assume that you have DB2 client installed on your desktop. Launch the Client Configuration Assistant to configure your DB connection there either manually, which you will need to know all the parameters such as IP, DB names or aliases, and port number and etc, or using the search to get all the parameters feeded to you automatically. When you get the DB2 Client working, you can go to your Impromptu, put in the DB name and you will be in business right away! Hope it helps...

I have the DB2 client all set up. Is the only thing I need for the Impromptu connection the DB name? I don't need to enter all the other parameters in the connection string line? Sorry - I've only worked with Oracle in the past - so I'm new to DB2.

I've tried entering in the DB name in Impromptu and it is not working. I get a operation invalid error.

Open your Impromptu Administrator, under Catalog, click Dagtabase, and then add new database there. Now you should be able to create new catalog...

That is where I am trying to enter it. It is not working. I get an error saying operation invalid at this time. sqlstate=s1011 when I test the connection to the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back